Monday, June 13, 2022

RECENTLY VIEWED: JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION

I am a huge dinosaur and disaster fan. I have seen every movie in the Jurassic Park franchise in movie theaters since 1993. I was a young college student when the first film came out. Now watching this sixth movie, I had the pleasure of taking my children to go see it. The movie might not be the greatest film ever made, but it still was AMAZING! Jurassic World Dominion is a 2022 American science fiction action film directed by Colin Trevorrow, written by Trevorrow and Emily Carmichael and based on a story by Trevorrow and Derek Connolly. It is the sequel to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018), the sixth installment in the Jurassic Park franchise, the final film in the Jurassic World trilogy, and the conclusion to the storyline started in the original Jurassic Park trilogy. As with its predecessors, Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley produced the film with Trevorrow and Jurassic Park (1993) director Steven Spielberg acting as executive producers.

The film stars an ensemble cast including Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, BD Wong, Omar Sy, Isabella Sermon, Justice Smith, and Daniella Pineda reprising their roles from previous films in the franchise, and are joined by DeWanda Wise, Mamoudou Athie, Campbell Scott (the son of George C. Scott), Scott Haze, and Dichen Lachman. Dern, Goldblum and Neill reprise their roles from the Jurassic Park trilogy, appearing together for the first time since the 1993 film. The film is set four years after the events of Fallen Kingdom, with dinosaurs now living alongside humans around the world.


I don't want to ruin the plot of the film for people that did not see it, but next to the dinosaurs, the best feature of the movie was Jeff Goldblum. He really stole the movie away, and it was great how they incorporated the stars of the first Jurassic Park series with the new trilogy stars. It was really gratifying. As of June 12, 2022, Jurassic World Dominion has grossed $143.4 million in the United States and Canada, and $245.8 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $389.1 million.

In the U.S. and Canada, Dominion was initially projected to gross around $125 million from 4,676 theaters in its opening weekend. After making $59.55 million on its first day (including $18 million from Thursday night previews, just below the first Jurassic World's $18.5 million and above Fallen Kingdom's $15.3 million), weekend estimates were raised to $142 million. It went on to debut to $143.4 million, topping the box office.

I have to admit that I was sad at the end of the movie. Like I said I was 19 when the first Jurassic Park movie came out, and here I am 29 years later. Where has the time gone? I see an older Sam Neil, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum, and I find that I ask myself if I have become a dinosaur as well? It's a great movie though,so don't listen to the reviews. Just go and have fun...

MY RATING: 10 OUT OF 10





No comments:

Post a Comment