Monday, June 26, 2023

RECENTLY VIEWED: NO HARD FEELINGS

Normally I got to the movies with my daughter who is a movie junkie! My older son is like my wife, in that they do not care for going to the movies. My son, who is a teenager now wanted to see a movie with me! I jumped at the chance to spend some time with him, and we saw the comedy No Hard Feelings. Directed by Gene Stupnitsky from a screenplay he co-wrote with John Phillips, the film stars Jennifer Lawrence (who also produces) as a down-on-her-luck young woman who answers a listing to date an introverted 19-year-old (played by Andrew Barth Feldman) in order to get him out of his shell prior to college. Laura Benanti, Natalie Morales, and Matthew Broderick co-star.

The project was announced on October 2021, when Sony Pictures Releasing and Columbia Pictures won a bidding war between Apple Original Films, Netflix and Universal Pictures. Lawrence was joined the cast and produced the film with Stupnitsky attached to direct the film. Much of the cast joined in September to October 2022. Filming expected begin in late September in various Nassau County locations in New York City. No Hard Feelings was released in the United States by Sony Pictures Releasing on June 23, 2023. It received mixed reviews from critics and has grossed $24 million.


I enjoyed the film overall. Because of our society's constant struggle with political correctness, there has not been many comedies lately. The genre needs revived, because I am bored of super hero movies and franchises. No Hard Feelings put a lot of their best moments in the trailer, but the movie was great. It is surprising to see oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence in a comedy role, but she is really believable as a 32 yeard old woman with no future. An added addition to the cast is Matthew Broderick as the hippy father. I would have liked to have seen more of him!

The movie is R-rated for language and nudity, so I do not recommend this for children. My son who is mature for his age, got all of the inneudos, and he really liked the movie. He did not care for the ending, and it did kind of just taper off, but if you are in the mood for a fast and breezey movie that is not all CGI or superhero, then check out this film. The humor was sometimes crude, but the laughs we had were real...

MY RATING: 8 out of 10



No comments:

Post a Comment