Friday, September 3, 2021

HOLLYWOOD MYSTERIES: THE SUICIDE OF DAN DAILEY'S SON


Entertainer Dan Dailey had his share of problems in Hollywood. He suffered from alcoholism and also reports of him being a closest cross dresser. None of the issues he had in Hollywood was as tragic is living through the suicide of his only son - Dan Dailey Jr. 

On July 1, 1975 - The younger Dailey walked outside of a hospital, pulled out a gun and shot himself in the side of the head. He died instantly. He was only 29.

Reportedly once his son died, actor Dan Dailey turned to drinking even more. He broke his hip in 1977, and died from complications on October 16, 1978.

Reportedly a note was found on the young Dailey when he died, but it has never been released. There is a rumor that he received bad health news at the hospital and decided to end it all. 

Even though it has been 47 years later, does anyone out there have any info what happened. As of now, it is still a mystery...



9 comments:

  1. He was a sgt.major, U.S.M.C., when I was in the navy, and was with the marine battalion onboard the U.S.Boxer.1963-4. Tough dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impossible. He would have been 16-17 in 1963-64

      Delete
    2. Born: December 14, 1915
      Died: October 16, 1978

      Delete
    3. You're confusing him with the movie role in What Price Glory, which starred Dan Dailey, Jimmy Cagney and Corinne Calvet.

      Delete
  2. I used hang out at the Malibu surf spot, Always close social group, One day, and I was impressed that let me know. He approached me from the side to say Dan Daily was his father. Never noticed him before or after. Circa 1965. Odd, I thought but he wanting to be included socially I guess. A blond healthy looking kid. I feel touch that he extended himself out to me., and sorry he left us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I served in Vietnam with Dan. He was not cut out to be there. Likely brought the demons back with him. I was extremely upset when it occurred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew that! I would like to talk to you more. Shoot me an email at davidlobosco@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. Vietnam destroyed many young men thanks to LBJ.

      Delete