Monday, August 17, 2026

RECENTLY VIEWED: THE END OF OAK STREET

Sometimes it seems like the same movie is made over and over again. I had the pleasure to see The End Of Oak Street in the movie theater, and I was glad I did. The movie is so much different than anything I have seen before. It is definitely no Jurassic Park! The End of Oak Street is a 2026 American science fiction survival film written, co-produced, and directed by David Robert Mitchell. It stars Anne Hathaway, Ewan McGregor, Maisy Stella and Christian Convery as a family whose suburban neighborhood has been transported from 1982 into the age of dinosaurs. The End of Oak Street premiered at the Steven J. Ross Theater on August 9, 2026, and was theatrically released in the United States on August 14 by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film received positive reviews from critics and has grossed $47 million worldwide against a production budget of $80–92 million.

I'd love to give the plot away, but I don't want to spoil it for viewers. The movie takes place in 1982 so it is a period piece set against the backdrop of carnage at the hands of dinosaurs. The movie is darker than I thought. I literally jumped at least five spots. I haven't jumped at a scene in Jurassic Park/World in years!

In March 2023, an untitled film directed, written and co-produced by David Robert Mitchell was in development at Warner Bros. Pictures, with J. J. Abrams and Hannah Minghella producing for Bad Robot and with Matt Jackson and Tommy Harper producing for Jackson Pictures.Anne Hathaway was cast in the lead role in 2023. By February 2024, it was revealed that Ewan McGregor had been cast,with Maisy Stella and Christian Convery joining in March. In late March, the title was revealed to be Flowervale Street. In April, Jordan Alexa Davis, P. J. Byrne and Chris Coy joined the cast.


The cast is great Anne Hathaway and Ewen McGregor are a believable married couple. What is interesting is the movie is not just about dinosaurs. There is a family dinamics there that is explored. In addition to dinosaurs there are other issues like divorce, bullying, and drifting apart that are wonderfully explored. The movie's storytelling is just about perfect, but there is a minor gripe I have about the ending that I will not talk about here. Just do yourself a favor, and see this action packed thriller of a movie. You will not be disappointed...

MY RATING: 9 OUT OF 10



No comments:

Post a Comment